This week's competition, in which you have to identify a book from its opening sentence, is from an author who said goodbyes to both a city and his country: " My first impression was that the stranger's eyes were of an unusually blue light ."
The winner receives a £25 Blackwell's voucher and
the closing date is October 19 .
Entries should be sent to
Admiral House, 66-68 East Smithfield
London E1W 1BX
faxed to 020 7782 3300
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner of last week's competition, who correctly identified Laurence Sterne's A Sentimental Journey through France and Italy , is Bonnie McMullen from Oxford.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now