This week's First Impressions, the competition in which you have to identify a book from its opening sentence, comes from a nomadic scribe: "In my grandmother's dining-room there was a glass-fronted cabinet and in the cabinet a piece of skin."
Entries to First Impressions, The THES, Admiral House, 66-68 East Smithfield, London E1 9XY, faxed to 0171-782 3300 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner receives a Pounds 20 book token and the closing date is June 3.
The winner of last week's competition, who identified E. F. Schumacher's Small is Beautiful, is Chris Barrow of Swansea.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now