École Polytechnique, also known as l’X, is the leading French institute which combines top-level research, academics, and innovation at the cutting-edge of science and technology. Its academic programs – Bachelor, Ingénieur Polytechnicien, Master’s, Graduate Degree and PhD – are highly selective and promote a culture of excellence with a strong emphasis on science, anchored in humanist traditions.
In 2016, École Polytechnique has opened two new degrees:
- An industry-oriented graduate degree, providing students with state-of-the-art multidisciplinary education and in-depth scientific knowledge relevant to their career interest. Available programs in 2016-2017 include: Connected Objects for a Digitized Society (CO4DiS), Corporate Strategy for New Markets and Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management (STEEM). These two-year programs are designed for highly qualified undergraduate students with a solid background in Science and/or Engineering and who are interested in gaining knowledge and skills necessary to play a key role in leading technology and business organizations throughout the world.
- A PhD program, combining both Master’s and PhD degrees, is designed to develop outstanding scholars for careers in leading academic institutions or top companies throughout the world. Students in this program benefit from École Polytechnique’s dynamic ecosystem and are closely associated to the research activities conducted at l’X right from the beginning of their Master’s studies. They work closely with faculty members who provide them with individual coaching, oversee their progress and help customize their training with regards to their interests and goals.
L’X guarantees an outstanding experience to its international students, from their admission to their careers’ follow-up, providing them with very dedicated services, such as individual academic coaching, administrative and financial support and counseling, or Alumni mentoring. This unique environment, combined with the high-level of the students who go through a very selective process to access École Polytechnique, also attracts some of the most distinguished faculty in the world.
With its Research departments which are joint research units with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), École Polytechnique Research Center explores the frontiers of interdisciplinary knowledge to provide major contributions to science, technology, and society. L’X is also a founding member and a leader of the Paris-Saclay University, a major scientific and economic cluster which brings together top French higher education and research institutions, as well as R&D centers of prominent international companies.
ÉCOLE POLYTECHNIQUE IN FIGURES
- About 3,000 graduate students, 30% international, over 60 nationalities on campus
- 670 faculty members, 39% international
- 5:1 student to faculty ratio
- 11 academic departments with 1,600 personnel, 1,350 publications per year
- 32 double degree program agreements
- Ingénieur Polytechnicien Admission centers in 15 countries
- 1,500 student housing units
- 86,000 square feet of indoor sports facilities and 20 acres of outdoor sports facilities.