Knowing what to expect on A Level Results Day on Thursday 18 August will make the experience much easier to handle, and any decisions you have to make won't feel quite as daunting.
Hannah Morrish, education community manager at The Student Room, answers 10 frequently asked questions about A Level Results Day and Ucas Clearing:
10 common exam results day questions
1. Do I need anything on results day?
2. What if I miss my offer?
3. What happens if I do really badly?
4. How to use clearing
5. What if I do better than expected?
6. What if I get an unconditional offer?
7. What if I change my mind about uni?
8. Do entry requirements go down in Clearing?
9. Can international students use clearing?
10. What if I just miss my grades?
The Exam Results helpline will be open from 8am on 18 August 2016: 0808 100 8000.