Yvonne Truscott, Poppleton University’s head of humanities (The Poppletonian, 22 February), is justifiably worried about expenses incurred by the department of philosophy, particularly “the annual cost of resharpening its Occam’s razor”. I suggest that the department take note of this and be ready to defend outgoings on balls for its ancient Lloyd Morgan “canon”. A necessary weapon to annihilate any hint of anthropomorphism contaminating research in the animal lab.
R. E. Rawles
Honorary research fellow in psychology
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now