The Forensic Science Society has praised the latest degree it has accredited for its close links with local police forces and its scene-of-crime facilities. The forensic sciences BSc at the University of Abertay Dundee is only the second Scottish undergraduate degree of its type to win accreditation. Forensic biology lecturer Darren Phillips said: "The society was concerned that many universities were offering forensics courses only because they are popular, and were not paying enough attention to the particular teaching methods, syllabus and availability of resources and materials needed to teach the subject properly."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now