Brussels, 30 Sep 2004
The European Commission has published a call for tenders relating to a study of the impact of ethical review under the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
This contract will support a study, resulting in a final report, the aims of which are the following:
- to assess how and to what extent the results of ethical reviews are taken up in the implementation of projects;
- to evaluate the extent to which the ethical review process has raised awareness amongst researchers;
- to identify any improvement over time in the way in which ethical issues are recognised and addressed in proposals submitted for EU funding and to assess how and to what extent ethical review may have contributed to this;
- to assess the impact of ethical review on the overall process of proposal evaluation and contract negotiation;
- to make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the FP6 and subsequent ethical review systems.
The total foreseen budget for the call is 80,000 euro.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate C: 'Science and Society'
Unit C3: 'Science and Ethics'
Attn: Thierry Bourgeois
rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 200
To see the full details of the call, please:
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 2.11.2004.
The deadline for submitting tender documents is 8.11.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.