Brussels, 17 Dec 2004
The European Commission has published a call for specific measures in support of international cooperation under the INCO section of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The call is split into three sections:
Developing countries (total indicative budget: 60 million euro) - the areas covered by this call area:
- health and public health;
- healthcare systems, policy and management;
- knowledge and technologies to improve control of neglected communicable diseases;
- rational use of natural resources;
- managing arid and semi-arid ecosystems;
- food security;
- bio-diverse, bio-safe and value added crops;
- aquatic farming systems. The deadline for submitting proposals is 13 September 2005.
Mediterranean Partner Countries (total indicative budget: 10 million euro) - the areas covered by this call are:
- renewable energy;
- health. The deadline for submitting proposals is 13 September 2005.
Western Balkan Countries (total indicative budget: 3 million for 2005) - the new specific area introduced in this call is:
- reinforcement of the Western Balkan Countries' research capacities. The deadline for submitting proposals is 7 March 2005.
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of specific targeted research projects (STREP), coordination actions (CA), and specific support actions (SSA). Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area. To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/calls_activity. cfm?ID_ACTIVITY=532
Remarks: Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.