The second pair of Cluster space probes, which will investigate the relationship between the Earth and the Sun, have been successfully launched. The European Space Agency mission, which replaces the four craft destroyed shortly after lift-off in 1996, carries a number of instruments designed and operated by astronomers from UK universities.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now