Jaime Nino Diez, rector of the Universidad Aut"noma de Colombia, announced a switch next year to a new system of evaluation based on "qualitative assessment". But he said the autonomous status of the country's universities meant that it was impossible to introduce changes nationally despite student demands for the existing system based on a five-point scale to be replaced in favour of personalised progress reports and clear individual targets.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now