You would never have known from the article about the Quality Assurance Agency's report on the outcomes of the institutional audit of 24 specialist institutions that the majority were found to be engaging with the QAA's academic infrastructure ("Ignoring QAA guidelines need not hurt academic standards", July 14).
The only three institutions mentioned by name in the article were actually cited in the report as examples of good practice in respect of their framework for managing quality and standards.
Barbara MacGilchrist Institute of EducationUniversity of London
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now