Northumbria University finds itself in a Catch-22. It has to reduce staff, but those who remain are overburdened and unable to take on more work ("Union to ballot on staff cuts", May 7).
Northumbria should look to e-learning. This would allow teachers to be creative, increase flexibility and cut the overall cost of teaching, preventing further staff culls.
Director, Europe, WebCT
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now