Are universities really about job creation? ("York's plan to expand will create 2,000 jobs", May 21). Your paper clearly received a copy of the press release aimed at our city councillors who needed to be distracted from the severe environmental consequences of the planned expansion. Are universities to become the new despoilers of the countryside around our old cities?
Department of biologyYork University
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now