Virtual Internships runs a comprehensive employability program that boosts a student’s career readiness skills, enhances their employability prospects and prepares them for the future of work. Our Virtual Internship program allows students to gain global work experience from the comfort of their own home.
Our missions focuses on four key areas:
- Create opportunities for career growth and enhanced employability
- Prepare students and graduates for the “future of work”
- Reduce cultural barriers, widen participation and provide opportunities for underserved communities.
- The democratization of the global workforce through global talent pipelines and access to jobs worldwide
We are backed by some of the world’s top investors who were early investors in companies such as AirBnB, Udemy, Zoom and Apply Board.
We’re proud to be approved by the British Government & Universities funded charity JISC which has labelled Virtual Internships as one of the top 20 edtech companies to address the sector’s greatest challenges.
We were selected by HolonIQ as one of Europe’s Top 100 most promising EdTech Startups.
We are accredited in the US so that students can receive up to 9 academic credits for completing the program.
We have been featured on BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education and are the proud winners of the prestigious MassChallenge Program.
The VI Program
Our structured model focuses on international understanding and getting students prepared for their future careers through the framework of the NACE Career Readiness Competencies. Students can intern for between 10-30 hours a week for a period of 1-4 months and all students are guaranteed an online internship placement in one of their chosen career fields.
The Program inclusions:
- A guaranteed virtual internship across 18 Career Fields and across 70 countries worldwide.
- Our award-winning online Employability Curriculum, Career Bridge, which offers various modules to help a student become career ready, including CV guidance, intercultural fluency, professional communication, project management and remote working skills.
- Designated Experience Manager who is assigned to each participant throughout the program for support and guidance.
- Global Employability Expert webinar series with tips and insights for professional development.
- Personal Career Coaching with qualified career coaches, including a personalized Global Career Management Plan report presented upon completion.
- Supervisor evaluation and program certification that is shareable on LinkedIn