We have signed an agreement with Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading research data specialist, to provide all the data for our annual World University Rankings from 2010 and beyond.
We have decided to end our relationship with QS, who will have no further involvement in Times Higher Education's annual World University Rankings.
We will develop a new rankings methodology over the coming months in consultation with our editorial board of higher education experts and Thomson Reuters. But we want your views.
With your help, and with the combined expertise of Times Higher Education and Thomson Reuters, we will publish a revamped and improved Times Higher Education World University Rankings of the top 200 universities, with separate rankings by subject areas, in autumn 2010.
Tell us what you think. What do you think makes up a modern, 21st century world-class university? How would you measure it? What is good about our old (2004-2009) methodology? How would you improve it? Post your views here, and look out for regular updates during the year.
For further info:
• Visit the Global Institutional Profiles Project website
• Read the open letter from Thomson Reuters to university administrators
• Join the effort for more accurate and comprehensive institutional assessment by passing on our postcard
• University heads wishing to join the survey platform group should email Phil Baty
• Keep up to date with all the rankings news on Twitter: THEWorldUniRank
• Join THE’s World University Rankings Facebook group
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now