Designed for healthcare professionals working in a managerial capacity, this online and part-time Healthcare Leadership MSc will develop your understanding of robust and effective management principles and give you the confidence to put them into practice.
On this programme you will be able to explore leadership and management theories, models and concepts, and learn how to apply them within a healthcare setting. You will gain advanced knowledge of health organisations and the changing context in which they operate, combined with an ability to effectively lead your team and make strategic decisions.
Towards the end of the programme, you will undertake a project to evaluate the impact of a particular aspect of an organisational change and how that contributes to improvements within healthcare services.
Learn how to inspire others, drive innovation and lead effectively within healthcare organisations. This programme is delivered by the University of Liverpool’s AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accredited Management School and the School of Medicine – one of the largest medical education providers in the UK.
January 10 2023
May 23 2023
October 10 2023
This programme consists of the following modules.
You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PGDip), 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PGCert) and 30 credits to achieve the postgraduate award (PG Award).
• Understanding Leadership (15 credits)
• Leading Strategic Management and Implementation of Healthcare Services (15 credits)
• Leading Complex Change in Healthcare Settings (15 credits)‡
• Leading People and Teams in Healthcare Organisations (15 credits)
• Leading Innovation in Healthcare (15 credits)
• Quality Management and Safety in Driving Safe Healthcare (15 credits)§
• Healthcare Finance (15 credits)§
• Research Methods (15 credits)
• Work-Based Project OR Dissertation (60 credits)
‡ These modules must be taken for the PGCert and PGAward. § These modules must be taken for the PGCert.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact our admissions team.
Applicants should possess either:
• A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree;
• Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
You will gain the skills needed to perform successfully at a managerial level within healthcare organisations. The programme will develop your communication, motivation and guidance skills which are required to be an effective leader and inspire your staff to reach their full potential.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you may find positions in clinical leadership, marketing, finance, strategy, international development, research, and human resources.
Contact University of Liverpool
+44 (0)151 318 4466