|Field||Papers||Citations||Citations per paper||World citations||% +/-|
The nation focuses its research on engineering and chemistry, producing about 1.4 per cent of the world’s papers in these fields from 2004 to 2008. As a percentage of the country’s output, they account for 41.35% for the same period. This concentration is reflected in the table’s rankings, which show these disciplines to be Iran’s best in relative-citation terms.
The data presented were extracted from the Essential Science Indicators database of Thomson Reuters. Articles are assigned to a category based on the journals in which they were published and our journal-to-category field-definition scheme. For more information: http://scientific.thomsonreuters.com/products/esi
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now