Luxembourg, 31 March 2006
Action brought on 13 February 2006 - Galileo Lebensmittel v Commission
Language of the case: German
Applicant: Galileo Lebensmittel GmbH & Co. KG (Trierweiler, Germany) (represented by: K. Bott, lawyer)
Defendant: Commission of the European Communities
Form of order sought
The applicant claims that the Court should:
- annul the defendant's decision to reserve the domain galileo.eu and order the defendant to allow the registry issuing eu. Top Level Domains (EURid) to register freely the domain Galileo.eu.
Pleas in law and main arguments
The applicant applied for registration of the domain 'galileo.eu' as an eu. Top Level Domain. The Registry, EURid, refused that registration on the ground that the domain applied for is reserved for the defendant.
In support of its application the applicant alleges infringement of Article 9 of Regulation (EC) No 874/2004 . (1) In addition, it claims that its rights under the second paragraph of Article 2, the first subparagraph of Article 10(1) and the third subparagraph of Article 12(2) of Regulation No 874/2004 have been infringed.
1 - Commission Regulation (EC) No 874/2004 of 28 April 2004 laying down public policy rules concerning the implementation and functions of the.eu Top Level Domain and the principles governing registration.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now