BA (Hons) Russian and Portuguese
Provides a broad grounding in Russian language, culture and society as well as a strong grounding in Portuguese language, students will also develop a sophisticated understanding of topics affecting Portuguese speaking populations across the world.
- Studies in Russian will enable students to develop their Russian language skills to a superior level and simultaneously to develop their interests in and knowledge of a variety of other subject areas (such as film and media studies, sociology, history and politics, literary and cultural studies).
- The course gives students a thorough grounding in the languages and cultures of the Portuguese-speaking world.
- Students study both European and Brazilian Portuguese.
- They also explore a range of options in areas such as contemporary culture, colonialism, literature and cinema from Brazil, Portugal, Mozambique and Angola.
- Year 3 is spent split between Russian- and Portuguese-speaking countries (on university exchange, work placement, or teaching as an English-language assistant).