Royal Holloway, University of London

251–300 th
World University Rankings 2019
51-75 th
European Teaching Rankings 2018
Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, United Kingdom

Mathematics with Management

This joint programme allows you to explore the world of abstract mathematical ideas and their practical applications, whilst building a strong skill set across all the key areas of business management, from strategy to marketing, accounting to e-commerce. You will develop practical skills in areas such as logistics, budgeting, inventory control and scheduling, as well as transferrable skills in communication and teamwork, numeracy, data handling and analysis, logical thinking and creative problem solving. Guided by world-class researchers and inspirational teachers, you will gain a solid grounding in all the key methods and concepts of mathematical study, whilst studying cutting-edge theories and practices from the world of business. Whilst there are some core mathematics courses that all students take, you will also be free to choose from a wide range of optional courses, thanks to the programme’s flexible, modular structure. Mathematics will make up 75% of your final degree, with management contributing the remaining 25%. Our broad curriculum is influenced by our world-class research activities. Our Department of Mathematics is internationally renowned for its work in pure mathematics, information security, statistics and theoretical physics, and our School of Management is a thriving department that just celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2015/16. It takes a fresh and intellectually challenging approach to management research and education. Both departments offer a friendly and motivating learning environment and a strong focus on small group teaching and academic support. We offer generous office hours and a dedicated personal adviser to guide you through your studies, as well as CV writing workshops and a competitive work placement scheme. + Equip yourself with an enviable set of transferrable skills, by combining your mathematical skills with an understanding of all the key aspects of management. + Enjoy a flexible, modular curriculum that allows you to develop your own specialisms. + We rank consistently highly for student satisfaction, with an 81% rating from our management students. 94% of our mathematics students said we are good at explaining things (National Student Survey 2015). + We rank second in the UK for research impact and fourth for world leading or internationally excellent research in mathematics (Research Excellence Framework 2014). + Join an inspiring student community with a strong international outlook: 60% of our management students come from overseas.

  • Qualification
    Bachelor of Science (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
  • Study mode
    Full-time
  • Duration
    3 years
  • Start date
    2018-09-24
  • Location
    Main Site,Egham
  • Fees & Finances
  • Channel Islands Year 1 £9,250
  • England Year 1 £9,250
  • Scotland Year 1 £9,250
  • Wales Year 1 £9,250
  • Northern Ireland Year 1 £9,250
  • EU Year 1 £9,250
  • International Year 1 £16,500