Mental health nurses play a crucial role in supporting people who are vulnerable (and often seriously ill) in hospitals and the community. If you want a career where you can make a difference to the lives of people in need of care and support, and where each day brings new challenges and experiences, Mental Health Nursing is a good choice.
The course equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed, and enables you to be eligible to apply for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
You will explore areas including:
• mental illness and mental health
• therapeutic interventions
• assessment and planning care
• service users’ perspectives on care
• evidence-based practice
• human biology and pharmacology