Arts University Bournemouth

Wallisdown, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HH, United Kingdom

Creative Events Management

**Behind every great creative artist is a brilliant organiser.** The UK cultural sector is a £77 billion industry that is growing faster than any other UK industrial sector and it employs 1.68 million people. Creative events are at the heart of this — with music festivals, exhibitions, digital multimedia events, theatre productions, community celebrations, music tours and much else besides. To achieve success and growth this fast moving sector needs creative, energetic and well organised people. Creative Events Management has a 20-year track record of creating successful industry professionals who are now leaders in their field. On this course you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to put on successful creative events. Through theory, technique and practice, we’ll help you develop as a successful creative events manager, with plenty to offer the sector. You will also be encouraged to develop an entrepreneurial attitude that could help you start your own business. Students tell us that when they graduate they feel well equipped to work on a whole range of events and arts projects. **What you will learn** You will learn how the creative world operates; you will be surrounded by a wealth of creative talent and the opportunity of working with creative practitioners and external clients. You will have talks from industry practitioners and will be supported in identifying and developing your career pathway. You will develop practical skills in digital technology, event planning and management and business analysis and planning. Our course allows students to ‘learn by doing’ wherever possible, whether writing marketing plans, programming an arts centre or through the ‘live’ arts event project. When working on your projects, you will work in small teams to set up a ‘working events production company’ which will see you organising a range of arts and other events such as festivals, exhibitions, fashion shows, arts workshops, theatre productions and/or dance events. All events are ‘for real’ – real audiences, working with real artists and performers, real venues, real budgets, real contracts – which prepares you to operate in a professional environment. Approximately 45% of your time will be contact hours, including scheduled teaching sessions, but also supervised time in the workshop or studio, and the remainder will be independent study. 83% of assessment for this course is coursework based and the remaining 17% is placement assessed. **By the end of the course you will be able to...** - Demonstrate excellent knowledge and skills in the conception, planning, delivery, management, interpretation and critique of the creative events domain including creative content, form, space and audience. - Research, analyse and critique contemporary cultural issues affecting the planning and management of creative events and organisations, taking account of historical and cultural trends. - Engage with issues of social context, sustainability and ethics and relate them to your delivery of Live Events within an international context, working with artists, stakeholders and partners. - Explore the full potential of creative opportunities, evaluate and manage the risks, and through this develop ideas and projects that explore and stretch your potential. - Demonstrate excellent skills in planning your time and your projects effectively, individually and as part of a team, taking into account the expectations of stakeholders and partners. - Use learning and skills to gain employment within a specialist field of your choice within the creative industries and cultural sectors or pursue further academic study. **Studios and resources** We provide all the resources that you’ll find in an events business. You’ll be able to work with equipment sourced specifically for your live projects, including lighting, sound, projection, staging and exhibition materials.

  • Qualification
    Bachelor of Arts (Hons)/BA (Hons)
  • Study mode
    Full-time
  • Duration
    3 years
  • Start date
    2018-09-17
  • Location
    Main Site - Arts University Bournemouth,Poole
  • Fees & Finances
  • EU Year 1 £9,250
  • England Year 1 £9,250
  • Northern Ireland Year 1 £9,250
  • Scotland Year 1 £9,250
  • Wales Year 1 £9,250
  • Channel Islands Year 1 £9,250
  • International Year 1 £16,500
  • Qualification
    Bachelor of Arts (Hons)/BA (Hons)
  • Study mode
    Full-time
  • Duration
    3 years
  • Start date
    2019-09-16
  • Location
    Main Site - Arts University Bournemouth,Poole
  • Fees & Finances
  • EU Year 1 £9,250
  • England Year 1 £9,250
  • Northern Ireland Year 1 £9,250
  • Scotland Year 1 £9,250
  • Wales Year 1 £9,250
  • Channel Islands Year 1 £9,250
  • International Year 1 £16,500