Study Development Team Leader
- Full Time
Department: Student Services
Salary: £29,176 to £33,797 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 23 September 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: Wednesday 02 October 2019
Salary - £29,176 - £33,797 per annum
Full time, permanent opportunity
Location - York
The Study Development Team at York St John University are based within Student Services, and work to empower students to develop their academic skill to enable them to realise their potential. Providing short term interventions through 1-2-1 appointments, workshops and embedded sessions within academic programmes, the team provide a vital part of the support available to all students.
The post of Team Leader is responsible for:
- the continued development of the team, including line management responsibilities for the Study Development Tutors
- working with academic colleagues to increase the amount of embedded provision the team provides
- evolving the programmes of support offered to students and method of delivery (for example more online support)
- delivering 1-2-1 appointments and workshops
The requirements of the role mean that we will be looking for the following skills and experience from the successful candidate:
- experience of providing Study Development support to students in HE
- experience of programme design and implementation
- excellent interpersonal skills to lead a team effectively and build relationships with colleagues across the university
- experience of supporting students with additional study needs (40% approx, students supported by the team disclosed disability in 2018/19)
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to work at our beautiful campus in the heart of York, YSJ employees enjoy access to a superb range of benefits including –
- Generous annual leave entitlement (plus additional leave days during our Christmas closure period)
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Training and development
- Discounts at a wide range of high street brands and local companies, including shops, cinemas and gyms.
We welcome all applicants and particularly people from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are underrepresented within the university.
As part of our commitment to providing an inclusive working environment, consideration is given to all request for job share or flexible working arrangements.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date - Monday 23 September 2019 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date - Wednesday 02 October 2019