Study Development Tutor
- Full Time
Department: Student Services
Salary: £25,217 to £28,331 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 23 September 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: Thursday 03 October 2019
Salary - £25,217 - £28,331 per annum pro rata
Term time only opportunity (29.6 hours per week, 35 weeks per year)
The Study Development Team at York St John University are based within Student Services and work to empower students to develop their academic skill to enable them to realise their potential.
As a Study Development Tutor you will be responsible for:
- providing short term interventions through 1-2-1 appointments
- delivering, in collaboration with other tutors, a workshop programme available to all students
- working with academic colleagues on embedded sessions within academic programmes
The requirements of the role mean that we will be looking for the following skills an experience from the successful candidate:
- experience of providing Study Development support to students in HE/FE
- excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues across the university
- excellent presentation skills and ability to design learning materials to support group sessions
- experience of supporting students with additional study needs would be advantageous (40% approx, students supported by the team disclosed disability in 2018/19)
We currently have one vacancy however further positions may also become available shortly, subject to funding.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to work at our beautiful campus in the heart of York, YSJ employees enjoy access to a superb range of benefits including –
- Generous annual leave entitlement (plus additional leave days during our Christmas closure period)
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Training and development
- Discounts at a wide range of high street brands and local companies, including shops, cinemas and gyms.
We welcome all applicants and particularly people from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are underrepresented within the university.
As part of our commitment to providing an inclusive working environment, consideration is given to all request for job share or flexible working arrangements.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date - Monday 23 September 2019 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date - Thursday 03 October 2019