Recruitment for Deans
XJTLU is seeking to appoint 3 Deans for School of Science, Humanities and Social Sciences and Design School.
The Dean serves as the Head of School, providing leadership and support to the strategic development of Departments within the School. The Dean plays a key representative role for the School within the university and externally. The Dean is a member of the extended
XJTLU SMT. The Dean reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for the operation of the School. The term of appointment is three years.
- PhD in a subject area covered by the School.
- Academic management experience in higher education: minimally administering a Department or a School.
- Curriculum development experience: new programme development and curriculum review.
- Established research profile in their field.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- High level understanding of Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ability to delegate.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Prize-winning research achievements.
- Record of research grant success.
- Excellent communications skills in Chinese.
- Accomplished teaching record.
- Ability to relax under pressure
For more details on each position, please visit;