Features of XJTLU
- Student body—XJTLU students are recruited from every province in China in the first tier of the national university entrance examination (Gao Kao), and there is a growing population of gifted international students. 90% of undergraduates go on to study at international universities in the USA, UK, and other overseas locations, with many attending world-leading institutions.
- International students—International student enrolment on campus is currently nearing 1,000, and the aim is to increase these numbers so that 10 percent of all students will be from outside China.
- Articulation arrangements—Most undergraduate programmes offer students the opportunity to articulate to the University of Liverpool under a ‘2+2’ agreement, should they wish.
- Accreditation and validation—The University of Liverpool provides XJTLU with institutional accreditation and validates XJTLU’s undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. XJTLU also has undergraduate degree awarding powers from the Chinese Ministry of Education, and its UK postgraduate degrees are recognized for delivery in China.
- Academic development—There are currently 17 academic departments and three teaching centres, teaching into 35 undergraduate and 32 postgraduate programmes. The University’s 10-year plan anticipates future growth, projecting a student population of 15,000 students on the SIP Campus.
- Campus development—The campus development programme has delivered state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, research, and support facilities on two campuses next to each other in SIP. There is a well-equipped University Library in the Central Building which also houses all of the university’s administrative offices.
For more information on XJTLU’s campuses and campus developments, please visit:
- International and high calibre-staff—XJTLU has some 700 academic staff who come from over fifty countries. Over 95% of staff in the academic departments hold a PhD degree.
- Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP)—XJTLU receives extraordinary levels of investment and support from SIP, and the scale and pace of growth of the globalised economy of SIP provide almost unparalleled opportunities for research collaboration, the commercialisation of research, and other forms of industrial cooperation.