[AY 22-23] Faculty of Business & Management (in Accounting/Finance)
- Full Time
THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through its excellence in teaching, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
The College offers two degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. With our AACSB compliance, Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become leaders and innovators with entrepreneurial mindset, to be employed by top employers or successfully self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will soon offer different graduate programs and provide the desirable research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of leading companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, VinHMS, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will collaborate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough products, services and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting a faculty member in the following field and track:
- Field: Accounting/Finance
- Track: Teaching or Professorial
The College of Business and Management faculty members will have three major responsibilities: teaching, research and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty rank and track in alignment with generally accepted international standards and practices at universities accredited by AACSB. A teaching-track faculty member will be expected to focus more on teaching courses.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a master/doctorate degree in related fields from well-established universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have good experience in experiential leaning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and can successfully employ them in all courses.
- Demonstrate a record of teaching excellence (student evaluation, teaching award, etc.)
- Have a high spirit and strong passion for education; agile to embrace changes and take on new challenges; willing to adopt and actively employ new teaching methods; open-minded to new and different environments; team-player willing to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/100615 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) a teaching statement, (4) a research statement, and (4) two recommendation letters. In doing so, remember the following:
- Indicate in your cover letter which field, rank and track you are applying for.
- Your resume should include a list of all courses you have taught with the teaching/student evaluation outcomes.
- Your teaching statement should specify teaching methods you have used in your courses and plan to use in your future courses (i.e., lecture, cases, flipped classroom, team-based learning, service-based learning, community-based learning, etc.).
- Your research statement should include the primary theme(s) of your past and current research and the theme(s) of your intended future research. Also, indicate which publication in the recent three years is the best accomplishment for you, with a brief description. Submit a PDF version of the publication with a brief information on the excellence of the journal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).