- Our jobs
- Graduate School of Arts and Humanities
- Graduate School of Legal and Economic Studies
- Graduate School of Health and Life Sciences
- Grad School of Natural & Engineering Sci Bio-tech
- The INVITE doctoral programme
- INVITE: Who can apply
- INVITE: How to apply
- INVITE employment conditions
- The city of Verona
INVITE: Who can apply
INVITE is open to early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality who wish to embark on a doctoral programme of the University of Verona. The University of Verona will do all the best to ensure an equal treatment for all candidates.
Few restrictions apply to candidates:
- They must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline;
- They must hold a Master’s Degree (Master of Science or Master of Arts) or similar degree equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale or Specialistica that, in their country of origin, grants access to PhD programmes;
- They must not already hold a PhD and must have less than 4 years (full-time equivalent) of research experience.
Candidates with disabilities or specific learning difficulties
The University of Verona will apply specific measures for candidates with disabilities (e.g. blind or deaf candidates, or those suffering from any other relevant disability) and to those with specific learning difficulties (e.g. candidates diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia or dysorthographia).
Such candidates are required to notify their status during the application and should provide the University of Verona with clinical certificates issued by competent healthcare authorities or medical practitioners.
Candidates with refugee or asylum seeker status
INVITE participates in the EU initiative Science4Refugees. The period before refugee status is conferred will not be counted as a ‘period of residence/activity in the country of the beneficiary’ under the mobility rule.