Director of Public Relations, Media and Communication
- Full Time
Vacancy Available: One
Division: Public Relations, Media and Communication
Job Family: Administration
Type of Contract: FTE 1.0
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 04:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
Place of Work: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
Reporting To: Deputy Rector
Appointment Duration: 3 Years (subject to renewal based on performance, need and mutual agreement)
Probation Period: 6 Months
Application Deadline: Application is open until the position is filled
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) seeks the employment of an enthusiastic and well qualified applicant to fill the position of Director of Public Relations, Media and Communication to mainly direct, manage and coordinate all activities related to internal/external relations, media and communication in order to promote the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) and increase its professional links locally, regionally and internationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Public Relations, Media and Communication, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Manage the work and the workload of all the staff in the Department.
- Monitor the performance of staff and recommend actions for improvements.
- Develop and implement a Public Relations, Media and Communication strategy and operational plan in line with the objectives of the University and its Departments.
- Liaise with academic and administrative staff to identify publicity opportunities.
- Develop the UKH brand through regional, national and international Public Relations.
- Deal with Public Relations, Media and Communication enquiries and develop good contacts and network.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on all Public Relations, Media and Communication activities to the line manager.
- Ensure that UKH's web pages are of professional and consistent style and presentation, up to date and contain appropriate news of UKH and its activities.
- Provide reports to the line manager regularly regarding Department and relevant University status.
- Establish and maintain an effective archive to include different Department activities.
- Lead in writing and producing regular UKH newsletters.
- Participate in the management, the development and production of promotional materials.
- Plan and lead Open Days events and the Graduation Ceremony in consultation with the Academic Registrar's Office and other relevant departments.
- Develop, organise, and implement University events as required.
- Ensure that all activities in the Department adhere to relevant University standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver speeches/writings to further the media and public relation objectives of the University.
- Monitor and ensure the effectiveness of promotional materials, both in print and electronic versions.
- Work within and outside the University and at different times as the work demands.
- Ensure the arrangement for public appearances, lectures, contests, and exhibitions of the University are well arranged and presented.
- Circulate information, reports, and updates when and as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post, and at the discretion of the line manager.
The Director of Public Relations, Media and Communication should have the following skills and competencies:
- Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD is preferred) in Business and Management or any other related field and six - seven years management/leadership experience.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills in Kurdish and English languages.
- Excellent IT skills including MS word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project.
- A good understanding and awareness of local, regional, national and international diversities.
- A keen news sense and proven skills including in researching stories, drafting editorials for a variety of audiences and writing press releases.
- Experience of policy, procedure and strategy assessment and development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and assertively with a wide range of people at different levels.
- Excellent skills in Customer Service.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate strategic plans.
- Flexibility in managing workload including working outside normal office hours or travel outside Hewlêr/Erbil if needed.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to listen, discuss, negotiate and provide advice on difficult, complex or sensitive issues, considering the views of all parties.
- Ability to arrange, categorise, keep and analyse data and information.
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the Vacancy Title and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.