The University of Exeter combines world class research and teaching with excellent student satisfaction at its campuses in Exeter and Cornwall.
It is a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities. Formed in 1955 and with roots stretching to Victorian times, the University has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries. Its success is built on a strong partnership with its students and a clear focus on high performance. Recent breakthroughs to come out of Exeter's research include the identification and treatment of new forms of diabetes and the creation of the world's most transparent, lightweight and flexible conductor of electricity. Our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today and, in order to continue our reputation, we are furthering investment in research infrastructure.
Our new, seven-storey, LSI building has been designed to embed inter-disciplinary research practice and will eventually house 29 research groups, of more than 200 researchers, with complementary expertise in biosciences, medicine, physics, engineering, mathematics and computer science. High-quality research laboratories, bio-imaging facilities, physics and engineering spaces, and high-performance computing will enable the Institute to be a hub for the analysis of the precise operation of living systems.
The University was named The Times and The Sunday Times Sports University of the Year 2015-16, acknowledging Exeter as the best in the country in academic and athletic achievement across a wide range of sports. The University was also voted the Sunday Times University of the Year 2012/13. It is ranked amongst the UK’s top 10 universities in the Higher Education league tables produced by the Times and the Sunday Times. It is also ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities in the QS and Times Higher Education rankings.
OUR RESEARCH TRACK RECORD
- Exeter’s REF2014 results were outstanding: 98% of our research was rated world-leading or internationally excellent
- We have nine units of assessment in the top ten nationally for world-leading or internationally excellent research – four in the top five
- Our research creates genuine impact; we generated £48m in 2015 alone from partnerships with industry, government and other organisations
- Our research impacts fundamental issues from climate change to Middle Eastern conflict.
OUR OUTSTANDING ENVIRONMENT
- A dynamic research environment; 2016 saw the opening of our £55m Living Systems Institute
- Strong commitment to inter-disciplinary research aimed at addressing complex, global challenges
- An environment where researchers can work creatively to produce internationally exciting research
- Bespoke support to realise the best impact and innovation from your research
- Dedicated Doctoral College to develop our PhDs and Early Career Researchers
- Our students enjoy research-inspired, inquiry-led learning as part of a vibrant intellectual community
We are home to some of the world’s most talented researchers and the academic leaders of the future. We are investing in new academic posts from Lecturers to Professors to increase our research power in Art History and Visual Culture, Biomechanics, Clinical Medicine, Data Analytics, Climate and Environmental Science, Law, Health Services, Medical Humanities, Public Health, Physics, and Translation.
We particularly welcome applications from academic staff with strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners as well as those who are involved in projects which develop impact.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is ‘Disability Confident’. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
You will develop QUANTUM NANO-SENSORS for analysis of SINGLE-MOLECULES. You will integrate advanced quantum optical measurement...
The University of Exeter is an ambitious global institution. A member of the Russell Group, our success is built on a strong partnership ...