- Our jobs
- Vision and Mission
- Vision 2016-2025
- Teaching and Learning
- Knowledge Exchange
- Global Engagement
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of the Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- About HRS
- Meeting of Minds@HKU Forum
Scientific Officer in the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, School of Clinical Medicine (21000)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Scientific Officer in the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, School of Clinical Medicine (Ref.: 523030).
The Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology is dedicated to providing undergraduate and postgraduate training to an international standard, offer a first-class orthopaedic service to the community, and enhance basic and clinical research in musculoskeletal science.
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- conducting and overseeing research projects
- liaison with clinicians and collaborators to enhance department research capacity and output
- research student supervision
- management and application of funding
- coordination of academic activities
- performing other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree in biomedical science or equivalent
- at least 5 years of research experience with a good publication record
- experience in molecular biology, omics, and animal model study
- proficiency in written and spoken English
- demonstrated record of grant application is advantageous
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start on September 30, 2023 and continue until October 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.