- Our jobs
- Vision and Mission
- Vision 2016-2025
- Teaching and Learning
- Knowledge Exchange
- Global Engagement
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of the Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- About HRS
- Meeting of Minds@HKU Forum
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Civil Engineering
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Civil Engineering (14100)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow, Research Staff
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Civil Engineering (Ref.: 522311)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enquiries about the duties of the post should also be sent to Dr. Jintao Ke at email@example.com. Descriptions of Dr. Ke can be found at https://sites.google.com/view/kejintao.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Transport Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Urban Studies or related fields, with a strong track record in the following: refereed publications in transport, artificial intelligence, operations research, urban studies/planning; advanced skills in transport simulations, machine learning, and optimization; as well as experience in co-authoring and managing competitive research grants. Applicants should also have the ability to manage own academic research and meet defined milestones on time with an understanding of transportation simulations and optimizations.
What We Offer
- The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 1 year, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
- The University only accepts online application for the above post(s). Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until December 31, 2023, or until the post(s) is/are filled, whichever is earlier.