- Our jobs
- Vision and Mission
- Vision 2016-2025
- Teaching and Learning
- Knowledge Exchange
- Global Engagement
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of the Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- About HRS
- Meeting of Minds@HKU Forum
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Real Estate and Construction (01200)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction (Ref.: 522176)
We now invite applications for the Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction. The Department enjoys a world-class reputation for its research and teaching in real estate and construction fields. Under the QS University Rankings 2023, it is ranked in the 14th position in the subject of Built Environment globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The appointee will work on a project related to smart construction objects (SCOs), blockchain smart contracts (BSCs), and blockchain oracles.
- The appointee will help to administer the proposed research project based on the defined research plan.
- The appointee will employ SCOs and BSCs development skills to develop SCOs and smart contracts-enabled blockchain oracle system for construction supply chain management (CSCM) in Hong Kong.
- The appointee will coordinate data collection and analysis.
- The appointee will draft relevant research papers.
- The appointee will maintain liaison with internal/external collaborators and promoting research outputs.
- The appointee will explore new research initiatives commensurate with the Department’s research strategy.
- A Ph.D. degree in data science, construction project management, computer science from a world-leading university.
- Applicants should have a research background in blockchain developments and construction project management.
- Knowledge of developing smart contracts using Hyperledger Fabric is preferred.
- Knowledge of hardware development is preferred.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese).
- Outstanding track record of publications and research project experience will be an advantage.
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until May 31, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The appointee will join a multidisciplinary team led by Prof. Wilson Lu and Dr. Junjie Chen. Prof. Wilson Lu is the Head of Department of Real Estate and Construction and a leading scholar in construction informatics; Dr. Junjie Chen is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Real Estate and Construction at HKU. Dr. Chen’s research covers a broad area in construction informatics and built environment. If you have any enquiry about the post, please contact Prof. Wilson Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org.