- Our jobs
- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- PNU Strategic Goals
- College of Education
- College of Arts
- College of Social Services
- College of Languages
- College of Science
- College of Computer and Information Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Arts and Design
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College Of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- College of Dentistry
- College of Medicine
- Contact Us
College of Arts
The College of Arts was established in 1399/1400 AH as one of the girls’ colleges affiliated with the General Presidency for the Education of Girls, affiliated with the Ministry of Education. The total number of colleges at that time in Riyadh was six.
The colleges and the educational institute as a whole experienced several stages of change and development:
• The first stage included the expansion beyond the Saudi capital by annexing colleges and establishing new ones in several areas.
• The second stage witness affiliations with the Ministry of Higher Education, where these colleges were annexed to the nearest university.
It is worth mentioning that these colleges were first managed by the General Presidency for the Education of Girls. Then, Her Highness Princess Al-Jawhara bint Fahd Al Saud was chosen to become the first faculty member to assume the position of Vice Rector for all colleges. She later became the first university rector in Saudi Arabia.
The General Presidency for the Education of Girls later became the University of Riyadh for two years, and later, during the celebration of placing the cornerstone for the new buildings in the comprehensive compound in the Narjis neighborhood, to the west of the airport, it was given the name Princess Nourah bint Abdul Rahman, to become the first university throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to carry the name of a woman and specialize in the teaching of only girls in more than 13 scientific discipline.