Faculty Positions in Civil Engineering
- Full Time
AL-KHOBAR, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
Faculty Positions in Civil Engineering
PMU strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for faculty positions in the Civil Engineering in the College of Engineering.
The members of PMU’s Civil Engineering faculty will:
- Carry out duties in accordance with College values and standards in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with students to provide excellent education and student experience.
- Integrate College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects, respecting dignity and diversity of all members and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Suitable candidates should hav:
- B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees to be all in Civil Engineering from a North American accredited institution.
- US/Canada academic teaching, research and ABET experiences and professional registrations.
- Excellent command of the English Language and should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Suitable candidates are expected to have research interest and experience in teaching the following areas:
- Transportation Engineering
- teach undergraduate courses
- develop graduate courses and programs and
- develop funded research programs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- Play significant role in design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required and review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Contribute to management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- Perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice-President, or President.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
PMU offers income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, annual round-trip airfare to home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require letter of interest, CV (include recent photo; citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus), copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and portfolio that includes professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; narrative administrative and leadership philosophy including statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity; names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by search committee.
In order to apply for position of Associate/Full Professor, candidates must provide letter of promotion from academic institution with documented due process to promoted rank.
Positions advertised on our job website will be closed at discretion of the department at any time or until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
In the event of an unsuccessful online application, send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify position applied for: “Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering” in email subject line and mention the name of source/website where you have seen this advertisement.
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.