Postdoctoral in the Control Systems and Technologies Department
- Full Time
Control Systems and Technologies Department, Institute of Computer Sciences and Technologies, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) is inviting applicants for a postdoctoral position (full-time Assistant Professor Fellowship):
- to implement a research projects in modern control and automation theory including intelligent control for robotics and robot networks,
- to take part in development of joint research and education laboratory of intelligent control systems.
The postdocs are expected to deliver a course on related research during the semester (the topic to be discussed in the course of interview).
The position will be fully funded by SPbPU.
The position is for one year (with possible extension for two-three years).
Control Systems and Technologies Department conducts research in the following areas:
- Fundamental and applied research in the theory of artificial intelligence and intelligent systems for industrial automation, robotics and control in engineering systems;
- Engineering methods development and implementation of new production systems and technologies, calculation and design of integrated systems of monitoring, automation and control in industry and research;
- Educational programmes for training and retraining of specialists in the field of advanced technologies conceptual modeling, design and optimization of systems.
The department supports scientific cooperation with leading institutions and scientific organisations from all over the world: City University, London, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Lappeenranta University of Technology, The University of Milan, Technische Universität München, branches of Russian Academy of Science – Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of RAS. Control Systems and Technologies Department developed intensive cooperation with the following industrial companies: Leninets Holding Company, Siemens AG, SAP AG, Festo Didactics, Schneider Electric, SEW Eurodrive, National Instruments.
Principal Investigators of the project:
Prof. Dr. V.P. Shkodyrev, head of Control Systems and Technologies Department, Director of Research Institute Mathematical Modelling and Intelligent Control Systems, SPbPU. Prof. Dr. A.E. Gorodetskiy, Professor of Control Systems and Technologies Department, SPbPU, head of Laboratory of Methods and Systems of Automation, Institute for Problems of Mechanical Engineering RAS.
Prof. Dr. V.V. Alexandrov, Professor of Control Systems and Technologies Department, SPbPU, head of Laboratory of Scientific Research Automation, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Prof. Dr. V.A. Polyanskiy, Professor of Control Systems and Technologies Department, SPbPU, Director of Educational and Research Centre of Institute for Problems of Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences “Modelling and Identification of Complex Mechanical Systems” in SPbPU.
Dr. V.V. Potekhin, Associate Professor of Control Systems and Technologies Department, SPbPU, Director of North-West Interuniversity Regional Educational Centre "SPbPU Festo Synergy ".
- The applicants for Postdoctoral Fellowships should have a PhD in a relevant field
- The applicants must possess knowledge in the field of intelligent robotics, control systems and technologies and have experience with professional software, the experience in developing software systems is encouraged
- The applicants must have publications in peer-reviewed journals indexed by Web of Science or Scopus
- Citation index of the applicants must not be below 10, the H-Index must not be below 2
Presentation of the scientific results:
- The minimum planned number of publications for each Postdoc in journals indexed by Web of Science or Scopus (impact factor not less than 2.0) is the end of the first year: 1 publicationthe end of the second year: 3 publications
- The Postdocs must in the period of their work at SPbPU have obtained at least one substantial research grant from outside funding sources.
- The Postdocs must take part in the research projects and scientific conferences, where the results of their research must be presented.