Professor in Education
- Full Time
Professor in Education
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Closing date: 31/07/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Type: Full Time
Northumbria University seek to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Professor to join our Education subject area, with a specific focus on Teacher Education and Continued Professional Development.
The role-holder will assist the Faculty Pro Vice-Chancellor to maintain, enhance and improve the University’s national and international reputation in Teacher Education. You will be expected to demonstrate continuing academic attainment and achievement and provide academic leadership (of the subject and associated colleagues), through active contribution to the discipline and to the life and work of the Department, the Faculty and the wider University. This may involve undertaking a specific leadership and management portfolio within the Faculty. Beyond the discipline and University, this will involve contributing to significant change within practice, the discipline, profession and/or community at regional, national and international level.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development of research, teaching and or business engagement in Teacher Education area.
- Lead the next REF submission for UoA 23- Education
- Contribute to the delivery, reputation and quality assurance of Initial Teacher Education
- Mentor Teacher Education staff to develop and enhance their research outputs
- Conduct research at a level commensurate with the role of Professor in a research-rich university which includes significant outputs of recognised quality that demonstrate disciplinary relevant impact
- Lead bids for research, enterprise, consultancy and other relevant funds and awards as appropriate to the discipline, acting as Principal Investigator when required
- Deliver presentations at national and international conferences and similar events, to raise the profile of the Faculty and the University
- Produce regular outputs (publications or similar, as appropriate to the discipline and subject) of a quality and frequency consistent with the status of Professor in the field.
You will be based at Coach Lane Campus, but travel to other premises which the University may from time to time occupy will be required. As will national and international travel to academic partners and corporate clients in relation to programmes, awards, consultancy and/or other activities and externally funded programmes as appropriate to the nature of the post may be required.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 therefore the successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Liz Hoult. firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now', and submit a covering letter, CV including research /education statements, and grants and publications list. Please highlight your highest quality research outputs up to a maximum of 4. In addition, candidates are asked to provide copies of the top 2 research outputs (Journal / book chapter /practice-based portfolio). Where possible candidates are asked to combine all of these documents into a single file.
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality and is a member of the Euraxess network, which delivers information and support to professional researchers.
We welcome applications from the UK and across the world. Visit our web pages for details about the Relocation Assistance Scheme
Please note this vacancy will close on 31/07/2022