Nanjing University Global Talents Recruitment
Students and Faculty
At present, NJU has three campuses: Xianlin Campus, Gulou Campus and Pukou Campus. With 30 schools under the university’s direct supervision, the number of the students in 2017 is 34,580 in total, including 13,196 undergraduates, 12,195 master students, 6,036 doctoral students, and 3,153 full-time international students.
The faculty number in 2017 is 2202, which made up of the most accomplished scholars in China. Currently, there are 28 Academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 3 Academicians of Chinese Academy of Engineering, 7 Senior Professors of Liberal Arts, 85 Chang Jiang Scholars Chair Professors, 101 Awardees of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, 23 Leading Talents and Outstanding Teachers of Ten Thousand Talent Plan. Now there are 89 candidates of The Recruitment Program for Young Professionals working here and among them, 2 have been Chang Jiang Scholars Chair Professors and 5 have gotten The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars. An energetic and internationally competitive young talent team is growing in Nanjing University.
NJU’s predecessors were known for their science. The scientific spirit and the tradition of studying nature and pursuing truth have existed throughout NJU’s development and remains the most prominent character of its teaching and education. Generations of NJU faculty and students have worked hard unremittingly for the nation and people, making research achievements renowned in academia at home and abroad.
According to Nature Index 2018, Nanjing University ranks the 14th among all universities in the world, 3rd among all Chinese universities. QS World University Rankings of 2017/2018 shows that 5 disciplines of NJU rank in the top 100 disciplines of universities around the world. As shown in Essential Science Indicators (ESI) issued by Thomson Reuters, 16 disciplines of NJU rank in the top 1% in the world.
At present, NJU homes totally 11 state key labs and engineering centers, and 35 provincial-level and ministerial-level key labs and engineering centers.
- National Laboratory: Nanjing National Laboratory of Microstructures (Preparatory)
- National Collaborative Innovation Centers for Project 2011:
- Collaborative Innovation Center for South China Sea Studies
- Collaborative Innovation Center for Artificial Microstructure
- National Key Laboratories:
- National Key Laboratory of Solid State Microstructures
- National Key Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry
- National Key Laboratory of Novel Software Technology
- National Key Laboratory of the Mechanisms of Endogenetic Metallic Deposits
- National Key Laboratory of Medicinal Biotechnology
- National Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse (in collaboration with Tongji University)
- National Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science
- National Engineering Research Center: National Engineering Research Center for Organic Pollution Control and Resource
- National-Local Joint Engineering Research Center: National Engineering Research Center of Energy-Efficient Semi-conductor Devices and Materials
NJU has established a talent inventive and training system for industrial leaders, young academic leaders, and young professionals. The system matches up with the national talent plans and provides talents of various disciplines and at different levels with exciting opportunities.