Postdoctoral Research Associate in AI-enabled Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting
- Full Time
The post holder is expected to be part of a team working to develop novel multiparametric quantitative cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting (MRF) methods to enable comprehensive myocardial tissue characterization from a single and efficient scan. The post holder will be primarily responsible for developing novel deep-learning based reconstruction, motion correction and dictionary and parametric map generation approaches for cardiac MRF. The post will use the infrastructure provided by the School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences and will be based at St Thomas’ Hospital.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 2 years (with possibility of extension)
This is a full-time post
• Development of deep-learning based reconstruction, motion correction and dictionary and parametric map generation approaches for cardiac MRF.
• Acquisition of quantitative cardiac MRI on healthy subjects and patients (in collaboration with clinical fellows).
• Achieve the above objectives in a coordinated way by effective teamwork and collaboration with colleagues.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the department.
• Attend and, as appropriate, present research findings and papers at internal and external academic meetings, seminars and conferences and to contribute to the internal and external visibility of the Department.
• To contribute to the production of research reports and publications.
• To engage in integrative and original research and produce written research outputs, as set out in the research project.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties that are relevant with the Role Outline.
• Liaise with colleagues and students.
• Contribute to the integration and collaboration of research projects with other branches of the group and with external collaborators.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• PhD awarded (or near completion) in MRI, Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or similar.
• Experience in Machine Learning techniques
• Experience in MATLAB, Phyton, C++ or similar
• Presenting scientific research in the form of papers, posters and oral presentations
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary research team, relying on and supporting others effectively
• Use of computers/software including MATLAB (or similar), database and research literature searching
• Applying specialist knowledge in the context of medical imaging
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work to scientific deadlines
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload
• Experience in Magnetic Resonance physics
• Experience in cardiovascular MRI
• Experience in Magnetic Resonance pulse sequence development
• Experience in phantom, healthy subjects and patient scanning with MR imaging
*Please note that this is a PhD level role but candidates who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting award of their PhDs will be considered. In these circumstances the appointment will be made at Grade 5, spine point 30 with the title of Research Assistant. Upon confirmation of the award of the PhD, the job title will become Research Associate and the salary will increase to Grade 6.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
Medical Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, MRI, Cardiac imaging, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting