Assistant Professor - CSE/CBS/CBS-DRC
- CHITKARA UNIVERSITY
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Chitkara University is a place of discovery, opportunity, and innovation. Located 30 km from the City Beautiful Chandigarh, we foster a culture of open-mindedness and tolerance toward individuals and ideas, for the benefit of future generations. Our academic offerings are hallmarked by transformative student experiences that develop them into the global leaders of tomorrow. We have established 14 academic institutions (with 58 Undergraduate, 33 Postgraduate, and 10 Ph.D. programs to offer) which undertake ground-breaking research that underpins our inspiring teaching and challenges students to dream big, think critically and change the world. At the heart of all our program curriculums is a commitment to enhancing academic excellence, the success of our students, the employability of our graduates, and the impact of our research. We benefit our faculty while collaboratively working in partnership with institutions across the world to develop extraordinary discoveries and new technologies that address some of the most pressing global challenges.
Applications are now invited for the Assistant Professor position in the following departments-
Computer Science and Engineering Department-
Education Qualification- Ph.D. in any Computer Science Field (Ph.D. completion is mandatory for applying)
Specialization- AI & Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Algorithms, Information Systems, Full Stack Development, Java, OOPS Programming, Cloud Computing, IoT, Robotics.
Candidate Profile- Suitable candidate should be aware of the technologies like Python, C#, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Big Data, PowerBi, etc. and should be able to work in new technologies of Computer Science like Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Data Science, Cloud computing, Block Chain or AR/VR.
Chitkara Business School-
CBS at Chitkara offers graduate and post-graduate programs with a general management curriculum focused on practice through experiential learning. Joining Chitkara Business School means you become part of a community that propels practical application and vital skills, helping students translate their business management knowledge into professional success.
Education Qualification- Graduation- BBA/B.Com, Post-Graduation- MBA/M.Com, Ph.D. in Marketing/Finance.
Doctoral Research Centre-
Chitkara University is home to several innovative research and training centres that offers defining opportunities for our students. In state-of-the-art campus labs and the field, our researchers get to work on critical problems and innovative solutions in varied areas of engineering, management, architecture, health sciences, nursing, media studies, arts, etc.
We are inviting application for our Doctoral Research Centre in Engineering and Management Department. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in the relevant discipline. Candidates should have relevant teaching experience, a good research record and must demonstrate good potential in publishing high-quality papers.
- DRC deals in guiding and evaluating the progress of PhD students from the development of research proposal to submission of final PhD thesis.
- DRC members are responsible for taking PhD coursework classes such as Research Methodology course, Advanced Research Methodology course, Research and Publication Ethics, etc.
- Apart from this, members are responsible for writing research projects, organizing research methodology workshops (using software's such as SPSS, AMOS, and Bibliometric analysis Vos viewer software, etc.) conferences, and publishing in leading high impact journals. and publishing in leading high impact journals.
Desired Skills Required
- Supervise Ph.D. Students for the executive doctoral programs.
- Teach Ph.D. coursework classes.
- Publish in scholarly journals and generate other IPs such as patents.
- Organize research-oriented events
Research and Perks
- Research guiding allowance: You will be a financial stakeholder in every Ph.D. student you guide, as per the prevailing norm.
- Consultancy allowance: You are allowed to retain 90% of the share you earn on each consultancy project you take up.
- Academic allowance: After completion of a year of service with the University, you may be chosen for getting the required allowances to attend flagship international conferences in India and abroad, as per the prevailing norms.
- You are entitled to access on-line journals and publication databases to help you remain updated.
- You are entitled to receive Seed Fund to initiate any start-up, in case you wish so.
- You will be also sponsored with the entire fee required to lodge your patents.