Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Music Performance
- Full Time
UIC now invites candidates for this position (assistant professor, associate professor or above in music performance) starting in September 2022:
- Expertise in one or two musical instruments;
- Teaching courses as assigned by Music Performance Programme;
- Engaging in the promotion of Musical Performance Programme, and willingness to help with recruitment of music students;
- Performing in solo recitals , chamber ensembles and school’s orchestral groups;
- Instructing the training and performing of the School’s orchestral groups;
- Mentoring and advising student’s final year projects;
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the candidate’s qualifications and programme needs;
All applicants should hold a doctoral degree in music performance with extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting. The candidates should be with
1) the ability to:
- communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully and productively with students, staff and the community;
- keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in music;
- create, manage and deliver musical events that appeal to all the UIC communities.
2) a commitment to
- provide students with opportunities for employment through engagement with industry partners;
- provide students with a broad range of artistic opportunities to perform;
- maximize high standards of performance;
- A commitment to engage in research relevant to the Division and with artistic and educational organizations in the Greater Bay Area.
3) evidence of success in the organization and coordination of music performance.
- Keyboard & Piano performance；
- Opera & Vocal studies；
- Orchestral Studies (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion)；
- Chinese traditional instruments.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and medical insurance.
- Job application form (for teaching staff);
- Cover letter;
- Current CV;
- Latest teaching evaluation results;
- Two confidential letters of reference sent directly to the Human resource office by the referees.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/526.
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include an application package and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
UIC will assist successful candidate to apply for a proper visa. Though there may be some difficulties in the visa and work permit application during the COVID-19 pandemic period, we will closely pay attention to the visa policy and provide sufficient assistance to our new staff member at this stage.
The College reserves the right not to fill these positions, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.
Apply for Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Music Performance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly