Clinical Research Coordinator, Senior
The Marcus Center for Cellular Cures
(MC3) https://marcuscenter.duke.edu/ has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to fill a Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator position. This individual will also serve as the Manager of the Cord Blood Collection Sites. The position is located at 2400 Pratt Street, Durham, N.C.
Develop and coordinate cord blood collection efforts of the Carolinas Cord Blood Bank (CCBB), including supervision, coaching and motivation of cord blood collection staff, outreach and education of potential donors and strengthening of relationships with hosting institutions. Responsibilities include human resource management of collection site staff, and development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies for staffed, hybrid and kit sites.
- Oversee the team of Clinical Research Coordinators and Cord Blood Collectors at CCBB staffed collection sites. Develop Team leads as mid-level managers. Coach, mentor and motivate team members. Perform all personnel actions, including interviewing, hiring, and performance management. Develop and strengthen current communication channels to allow for sharing of best practices across sites. Visit collection sites regularly. Ensure that scheduling coverage for collections at all hospital sites is complete for each month.
- Set goals for collection sites. With the assistance of the Marketing Manager, the Education Specialist and the Collection Sites Team Leads, develop and implement incentive programs to increase the number of banked cord blood units and to increase participation of hospital medical staff. Identify and share best practices across sites. In conjunction with Marketing Manager, Education Specialist and Collection Sites Team Leads, develop and oversee implementation of continuous improvement strategies for staffed, hybrid and kit sites
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and the Education Specialist to develop programs with the goal of promoting the Carolinas Cord Blood Bank and to develop education tools that promote public awareness of cord blood banking the community. Present to community groups as needed to increase awareness of cord blood banking. Represent the Medical Director in interactions with hospital staff, on national and international cord blood collection committees, and at outside meetings and conferences.
- Oversee the initiation of new collection sites. Work closely with the Education Specialist, the CCBB Marketing Manager and the Collections Logistics Manager to develop and implement a launch plan.
- Maintain liaison with hosting hospital managers and staff to solve operating problems that may arise at any one of CCBB’s collection sites. Ensure good relationships with staff at CCBB’s hybrid sites is maintained and strengthened.
- Work closely with CCBB Marketing Manager to provide regular updates to hospital staff and collection overview for directors, doctors and staff from affiliated sites and to develop educational tools that promote public awareness of cord blood banking in the community
- Collaborate with Collections Logistics Manager on the development and modification of standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to collection of cord blood. Work closely with QSU staff, the Collection Logistics Manager and the Training Coordinator to prepare training materials for new and updated operating procedures.
- Represent collections at outside and internal audits including FACT, FDA and QSU.