Neuroimaging Data Analyst
The Etkin lab within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine is seeking a Neuroimaging Data Analyst to organize and oversee scientific data in web-based databases. The Neuroimaging Data Analyst will define and maintain processes that evaluate and verify the accuracy of data. The position would also entail ensuring that the data pipeline is continuously working, write code for updated queries, update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, maintain a data correction log, and analyze data for publications.
The Etkin Lab aims to understand the neural basis of emotional disorders and their treatment, and to leverage this knowledge to develop novel treatment interventions. The lab’s work is organized around the neuroscientific study of emotion and its regulation in healthy subjects and in individuals with psychiatric disorders.
For more information about the Etkin lab please visit their website at: http://etkinlab.stanford.edu/
• Assist in the creation of databases and query tools for data mining.
• Produce documentation regarding effective use of the database.
• Respond to user requests.
• Identify and acquire new data for inclusion in the database.
• Review submissions to the database for quality and relevancy; abstract information in the required formats.
• Maintain quality control and integrity of current and archived data.
• Conduct independent research of literature and other available research to add content to the database.
• Test new functionality with the software.
• Assist with the preparation of reports and publications about the research progress.
• Participate in presentations and demonstrations of the database at conferences or other institutions.
• Collect and analyze information from peer-reviewed scientific journals and through direct submissions; abstract data into the required format and verify them for accuracy.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
• Masters preferred in a Technical Field with basic understanding of command line tools
• Experience in neuroimaging data analusts and the representation of results
• Programming skills using Matlab, Bash/Csh, Python
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in scientific field and one year of related experience, or combination of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
• Solid analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral English communication skills.
• Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to understand scientific literature, experimental procedures and their limitations, and current needs of the research community.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
• Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping. Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
• May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local travel may be required.
• Some work may be performed in a laboratory setting.