Postdoctoral Fellowship in Health Informatics
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for one position as Posdoctoral Fellow in Health Informatics at the Department of Computer Science (http://www.ntnu.edu/idi) and Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science (http://www.ntnu.edu/inb). The Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science will be the host institution for the position.
The appointment for the postdoctoral position is 2 years full research.
The candidate will be member of the KONPAS research team and of the multidisciplinary Health Informatics research network and community within NTNU. The aim of the KONPAS project is to study and inform the development and configuration of user interfaces for visualisation of patient data in the new electronic medical record system "helseplattformen" currently being procured for the hospitals in central Norway (http://www.ks.no/fagomrader/utvikling/digitalisering/digitalisering-i-helse--og-omsorgsektoren-ehelse/nasjonale-prosjekter/helseplattformen/).
The project has three research goals: (1) To establish best practice for visualisation of patient data to support health workers in their decision making, (2) To establish best practice for involving users in the design of such visualisations, and (3) To establish best practice for deciding when to standardize for a large number of clinics and hospitals, and when to make tailor-made solutions. The project is multi-disciplinary, drawing on expertise in the team from medicine, health informatics, user-centred design, human computer interaction, information systems research, and the social sciences. The supervisors have an extensive international network in the above areas of expertise.
Start up in the postdoctoral fellowship requires a completed PhD in one of the above areas, or otherwise related to the project.
Applicants must have well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, be motivated for doing research, and be able to work independently. Good levels of cooperative and communicative skills are important. Applicants with an interdisciplinary background will be looked upon favourably.
The candidate(s) must submit a short essay (max. 1000 words) together with the application. The essay shall describe at least one relevant project where the applicant had a major role (e.g. research project, course project, thesis work, start-up, hobby project), and show how it relates to the challenges of the KONPAS project.
The main working languages are Norwegian and English; therefore the candidate(s) are expected to possess strong skills in oral and written English. As the end users are Norwegian, skills in a Scandinavian Language is desired, but not required.
If the applicant’s mother tongue is not English or a Scandinavian language, and the Masters Degree is not from an English speaking country, the following tests can be used as documentation of English language skills: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
The persons who are appointed must comply with the conditions that apply at any time to employees in the public sector. In addition, a contract will be signed regarding the period of employment, including duty work if relevant.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Post Doctoral Fellows (in code 1352) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 515 200 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 515 200 - 524 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
We can offer
- an informal and friendly workplace with dedicated colleagues
- academic challenges
- attractive schemes for housing loan, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
NTNU wants to attract outstanding and creative candidates who can contribute to our on-going research activities. We believe that diversity is important to achieve a good, inclusive working environment. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of the gender, disability or cultural background.
NTNU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from both EU/EEA and non-EU countries. More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway and working at NTNU: http://www.ntnu.edu/nirs.
The appointment is subject to the conditions in effect at any time for employees in the public sector.
Under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his or her name entered on the list of applicants.
The application must contain
- A cover letter including an explanation of how your research interests and background would fit the position.
- Information about education and relevant experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grading system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree.
- A short essay (max. 1000 words) describing at least one relevant project where the applicant had a major role, and how it relates to the challenges in the KONPAS project.
- Names and contact information of at least two references.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
The application must be sent electronically as one combined PDF file via this page (jobbnorge.no).
Potential successful candidates will be interviewed via Skype or other means.
For further information, please contact Professor Arild Faxvaag, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +47 98 21 68 25.
For information about processing of application, please contact HR Advisor Vebjørn Andreassen, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mark the application MH: 18/14543
Deadline for application: 14.09.2018
About this job
- Deadline Friday, September 14, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 156637
- Internal ID 2018/14543
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Engagement
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!