General Description of the Job Class
Identify and monitor potential privacy risks and create corrective action. Work with DUHS Departments to develop effective privacy education and training programs, including orientation and annual training. Monitor regulatory change, assist appropriate DUHS areas to implement or revise process to ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
- Manage privacy audits of operational staff’s access to patient information and, investigate and resolve policy violations.
- Identify privacy risk areas, conduct focused privacy reviews, conduct trending analysis, and direct facility/departments to implement corrective action.
- Develop internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate DUHS policies, State and Federal guidelines.
- Investigate patient and family complaints and inquiries.
- Collaborate with administrators and HR staff to implement corrective action to address violations of policy and regulations and manage completion of corrective action.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.