Clinical Pharmacist-Pediatric cardiology Children's Hospital Inpatient
The pediatric pharmacist is an essential member of the health care team at Duke University Hospital and plays a significant role in patient care.
This pharmacist will provide continuity of care during his/her shift by carrying out essential responsibilities which include:
- Provide specialized pharmaceutical services for pediatric patients after cardiovascular surgery and/or with cardiac conditions.
- Review and monitor patient's medication orders for safety and efficacy considering specific pediatric patient conditions and health status.
- Individualize medication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination of the neonatal and pediatric patient.
- Educate medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff about the management, prescribing and monitoring of therapies used in patient care area(s) of responsibility.
- Serve as a resource to the Department of Pharmacy for area(s) of expertise.
- Participate in departmental and hospital committees and initiatives related to practice area.
- Contribute to student and resident education
- Maintain outstanding skills as a clinical pharmacy practitioner and consistently demonstrates the value of pharmacy services.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications for patients in accordance with physicians' prescriptions; ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of required records.
- Supervise the process and technical personnel who assist in preparation, maintenance and dispensing of drugs and supplies.
- Provide support, education and oversight for investigational medications for patients.
- Conduct and evaluate medication histories, assess compliance and suggest modifications so as to achieve desired outcomes.
Required or desired credentials or experience of applicants:
Acceptable board certification, completion of an accredited residency or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in pediatrics is required with demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment. Licensed or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
Acceptable board certification, completion of an accredited residency, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in pediatrics is required with demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment. Licensed or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina.
DEGREES, LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
North Carolina Pharmacist License
Description of institution/organization:
Duke Children’s Hospital is a 190-bed, self-contained “hospital within a hospital” at Duke University Hospital and is ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals nationally in 10 specialties by U.S. News & World Report. Located within the Research Triangle, Duke University and the region offer an excellent quality of life, including close proximity to the North Carolina beaches and mountains. For more information on Duke Children’s Hospital, see our web page at .
Requisition Number 401454644
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5079 CLINICAL PHARMACIST
Job Family Level I2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
With a BS Pharmacy degree, two years of pharmacy practice experience, or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited residency program and demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment is required. With Doctor of Pharmacy degree, no experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID