Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowship 2019
Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships 2019
University of Nottingham
Location: UK Other
Salary: £38,833 to £47,722 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
We are committed to transformative world-class research. Our prestigious internal fellowship schemes are a fundamental part of our Research Vision and that’s why we’ll be recruiting a diverse cohort of 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows by the end of 2022. Our fellowships provide a recognised first step into an independent research career. Fellowships will usually commence in October 2019.
We will further enhance our rich and dynamic research ecosystem by actively supporting applicants from diverse career paths and backgrounds. We also support applications from those wishing to work part-time in order to combine the fellowship with personal responsibilities.
The Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers, who are typically under-represented in these subjects, and wish to establish a research career in the UK.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in all academic disciplines represented at the University.
Each fellowship offers:
- Three years independent funding, starting October 2019, to conduct research while based at the
- University of Nottingham.
- Extensive career development support, including participation in a mentoring scheme
- Competitive salary set on the Research and Teaching Staff Scales Level 5 (£38,833 and £47,722) depending on experience.
- The linking of the Fellowship to an established academic post, subject to performance against a high quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK.
- Research expenses totalling £75,000.
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum
- Relocation expenses of up to £1,500
- The opportunity to spend periods of time at University of Nottingham Campuses in China and Malaysia.
Eligibility: Candidates must have been awarded their PhD. This scheme is aimed at early career researchers, and candidates do not normally have more than 8 year’s postdoctoral experience. However, there are no eligibility rules based on years of post-doctoral experience as this doesn’t allow for variations of career paths across disciplines. Candidates will be assessed on their quality, potential and track record, relative to their career stage.
Find out more: For full details on how to apply, including relevant school/faculty contacts, please visit: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/researchfellows
You can also find out more information about what it’s like to be a fellow at Nottingham, details of how to apply, and what makes a good candidate.
Closing Date: 12th October 2018.