Perform responsible administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of major departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of varied clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency in organizational operations.
Interventional pulmonary procedure coordinator for the pulmonary division:
The interventional pulmonary staff assistant position requires the ability to oversee a high volume of procedure requests with accuracy while balancing general responsibilities required of a pulmonary staff assistant.
Procedure coordination responsibilities include:
- Contact for referring physicians, appointment centers, and patients for all interventional pulmonary procedures.
- Procedures include bronchoscopy, bronchial thermoplasty, thoracentesis, trach changes, pleurexcatheter, pleuroscopy, chest ultrasounds, and chest tube placement.
- Coordinate pre-op and scans along with the procedures as ordered by the physician.
- Review itinerary and procedure prep with patients as well as mail a paper copy of this information.
- Ensure procedures are scheduled into the appropriate room based on whether or not anesthesia is required.
Clinical support responsibilities include:
- Obtain new patient notes, radiology images and pathology slides.
- Upload external patient images through power share, pathology slides for interpretation, and scan medical records into Epic.
- Submit schedule change requests.
- Reschedule patients that need to be cancelled within 45 days of the clinic date.
- Coordinate urgent appointment requests as directed by the providers.
- Assist providers with coordination of DME equipment.
- Review schedules for errors and address with the appropriate department.
- Coordinator for international student observers for the interventional pulmonary department.
- Responsibilities include obtaining application from students,coordinating visit arrival date, obtain access/clearance to patient areas within Duke, prepare ID badge application, and ensure visitor meets with appropriate physicians.
General office management:
calendar management, travel arrangements,scheduling meetings,general correspondence, and ordering supplies.Interpret new interventional pulmonary directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes; make decisions on specific operating problems and issue instructions in the name of the department or division head.
Control and maintain interventional pulmonary files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; insure maintenance of up-to-date management and procedural manuals, directives and related records.
Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars and conferences and establish appointments,meetings and speaking engagements; attend meetings to provide information and serve as are source person; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities for interventional pulmonary.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to bean exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401479569
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID