Academic, School of Access Education
- Casual Pool
- School of Access Education
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- Casual Rates apply $45 per hour
Your New Division:
The School of Access Education supports the overall management of CQUniversity’s enabling courses, Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS), Tertiary Entry Program (TEP) and the Academic Learning Centre (ALC) which supports undergraduate and coursework post graduate students and the LLNC, which supports VET students’ Language Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Your New Role:
The School of Access Education is currently seeking expressions of Interest for casual Academics to make contributions to the institution, specifically at the undergraduate and postgraduate coursework level. You will provide academic learning support via one on one appointments, small group sessions or face to face / Zoom workshops in the academic writing and communication area of the Academic Learning Centre services within the School of Access Education.
You Will Be:
- A high-involved team member who enjoys working in a participative and empowered environment.
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- A person who enjoys and has experience working with students who have English as a second language (ESL).
You Will Have:
- Possession of a relevant Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in education or related discipline with industry or professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of English grammar and sentence structure.
- Familiarity with University standards and academic writing, including how to research, write and reference assignments.
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of adult learning and lifelong learning.
- Detailed knowledge and proficiency to effectively operate University operating systems, for example Moodle and business support software including word processing, spreadsheeting, database systems and email.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32679
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 23 September 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.