Project Coordinator for Biodiversity Research in Brazil
- Lead the secretariat of the Consortium Board and Scientific Committee
- Coordinate seminars and meetings related to the consortium's activities
- Be a driving force for the development of new project proposals
- Support the consortium in finding new financing opportunities
- Compile new knowledge acquired through the consortium's projects
- Assessment work related to advising Hydro in questions about rainforests and biodiversity
- Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the cooperation project between Norsk Hydro and NHM, including budget and financial management
- Information work, including the consortium's websites (https://www.brcbn.com/) and NHM's information about the project(Https://www.nhm.uio.no/forskning/prosjekter/biomangfold-amazonas/index.html)
- Responsibility for the facilitation and reception of guest researchers, guest lecturers and students, as well as other visitors associated with the collaboration
- Relevant education from university or college, at least equivalent to bachelor level, but advantageous with a master´s degree.
- Good knowledge of rainforest and biodiversity issues, including research.
- Good communication skills and fluency in oral/written English and Portuguese.
- Experience with coordinating work / project management.
- Further assets for the final ranking of candidates are:
- Good knowledge of Brazil and the Amazon
- Good communication skills and fluency in a Nordic language, oral and written
- Project experience from the private or public sector
- Experience from research administrative work, financial management and budget work.
- Independent and performance- and development-oriented.
- Good cooperative skills.
- Ability to work purposefully and structured.
- Good stress management.
- Salary depending of skills and documented qualifications as Adviser,
- position code1434 (607 700 - 658 300 NOK per year)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
Application must include
- Cover letter
- The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system Jobbnorge.
Fridtjof Mehlum, tlf: +47 958 27 782 , e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Torkjell Leira, tlf: +47 22 85 16 81, e-post: email@example.com